Precise gas analysis with microfluidics
Showing 1–12 of 14 results
Microfluidic systems are used in many fields of gas analysis. A major advantage is that the basic system remains the same and, depending on the application, only specific sensors need to be replaced or added. Thus, the same system can measure both VOC and CO2 concentrations. All while the system remains small, lightweight and energy-saving.
Furthermore, microfluidic systems allow for active sensor feeding. The mp6 micropump draws in the air and transports it directly to the sensor. This allows a larger sample to be analyzed more quickly. The results of the gas analysis are more precise and available more quickly.
Versatile use of microfluidics in gas analysis
With the right sensor in your microfluidic system, you can perform a variety of gas analyses, including but not limited to:
- Monitoring of cell growth through gas sensing in laboratory setups (like our customer Adolf Kühner does)
- Identification of liquids with a VOC sensor (quickly explained in our video about VOC sensors)
- Measurement of CO2 concentration in room air to determine air quality (easy to see in our video about CO2 sensors)
You can either assemble a new system altogether or add a sensor to an existing microfluidic system. The systems by Bartels are all completely modular. This allows you to focus on the functions you need and remove anything superfluous. The result is a comprehensive air and gas analysis that is easy to install and saves space.
Build your modular gas analysis system
To enable you to set up a microfluidic gas analysis system, you need the mp6 micropump. The micropump is controlled by the mp-Multiboard2 and the associated microelectronics. With our mp-hc hose clamps you can additionally stabilize the connection between pump and hose. This keeps the air even better in the system. For applications with a relatively high pressure this may be necessary.
You can either buy the components individually or directly purchase a whole kit. In the mp-basic, mp-advance and mp-select kits, you get everything you need for your first microfluidic system. All you have to do is add the right sensor. If you are not yet sure which components you need for your gas analysis system, please feel free to contact us.
mp-advance kit – complete microfluidic system
- mp6 micropumps
- mp-t tubing
- mp-hc host clamps
- flow sensor(SLF3s-0600F) with connectors
- preassembled pressure sensor
- mp-valvedriverT including 2 active valves
- microfluidic chip
- evaluationboard mp-Multiboard2 (including Micro-USB Kabel and power supply) and four driver chips: mp-Lowdriver mp-Driver mp-Highdriver mp-Highdriver4
Delivery time: 1-3 working daysAdd to basket
mp6 micropumps – miniaturized double diaphragm pumps
Delivery time: 1-3 working daysSelect options